OHIO FOOD SAFETY CODE 3717-1 CHANGES
The Ohio Department of Health and the Ohio Department ofAgriculture have proposed updates to the Ohio Food Safety CodeChapter 3717-1. Jefferson County Health Department would like toinvite you to participate in a meeting to rev iew the changes that will gointo effect March 1, 2016.
Some of the rules that have undergone changes are as follows:
- Management personnel ‘s responsibility to obtain a level II certification inFood
Protection, Preparation, and service,
- Changes to some of the definitions in the food safety code,
- The use of gloves while preparing ready to eat food,
- Changes in allowable temperatures,
- Premise labeling,
- Cleaning of equipment,
- What must be included in a Site Plan,
- Date marking for shelf stable meats and salt cured meats and,
- A plan for vomiting and diarrheal accidents as well as clean up procedures.
These are a few of the topics that have been changed or added to therules. Some of these rules must be implemented immediately whileothers will be implemented before the 2017 food license year. Iwanted to give everyone an opportunity to make the changesnecessary before I conduct the first FSO and RFE inspections. Indoing this I hope that you will all have a better grasp on the changesthat will be expected during the inspections I conduct in yourestablishment/operation.
Two meetings will be held at the Jefferson County Health Departmentlocated at 500 Market Street, Steubenville, Ohio, 43952. The meetingdates are February 24th beginning at 9:00A.M. and February 25th at1:00 P.M. The meeting will be held on the 2nd floor. You only need toattend one of the meetings. We will provide a certificate for attendingthe meeting and will have a sign in sheet.
Please RSVP at 740-283-8530 and indicate which meeting you will be attending.