Click on the link below for an Application for Employment:
The Jefferson County General Health District currently has openings for the following positions:
Click on the link after each position title to review full job description.
Registered Sanitarian – PD Jefferson County GHD Registered Sanitarian
Sanitarian-In-Training – PD Jefferson County GHD Sanitarian-In-Training
- Fiscal Officer – Admin Assistant – PD Jefferson County GHD Fiscal Officer/Admin Assistant
WIC Health Professional
The Jefferson County General Health District currently has an opening for a FULL TIME WIC Health Professional. Applicants must be an Ohio Licensed Dietitian (LD), Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Nurse (RN), Experience in maternal and child nutrition including breastfeeding preferred. Applicants will be required to pass a background check & drug screen. Applications may be downloaded off the Jefferson County General Health District website at jchealth.com.
Registered Nursing Position
The Jefferson County General Health District will be hiring for the following Part Time Position:
Essential functions of the position under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing:
- Provides public health nursing services to patients of the Jefferson County General Health District (administers vaccines to infants, children and adults; assists in maintaining vaccine inventory and ensures proper storage; assist with health clinics; conducts preschool vision screenings; assists with physicals; drug testing, pregnancy testing, STD testing, blood pressures; refers children and families to other programs or services; checks blood glucose, etc.)
- Prepares and maintains records, reports, and other documentation related to the programs or services provided in order to comply with policies and procedures.
- Maintains required licensure and certification.
- Will be required to pass a background check & drug screen.
Applications can be downloaded from our website-www.jchealth.com, or may be picked up at the Jefferson County General Health District, 500 Market Street, 6th Floor, Steubenville, OH 43952. Please return application along with an attached resume.