REGISTERED NURSING POSITION
The Jefferson County General Health District will be hiring for the following Full Time Position:
Registered Nursing – $19.13/hr
Essential functions of the position under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing:
- Provides public health nursing services to patients of the Jefferson County General Health District (e.t., administers vaccines to infants, children, and adults; assists in maintaining vaccine inventory and ensures proper storage; assists with health clinics; conducts preschool vision screenings; assists with physicals; drug testing, pregnancy testing; STD testing, blood pressures, refers children and families to other programs or services; checks blood glucose, and hemoglobin etc.).
- Prepares and maintains records, reports, and other documentation related to programs or services provided in order to comply with policies and procedures and to ensure quality of care; keeps current with program policies and procedures, activities, and changes.
- Compiles and analyzes data and prepares surveys, reports, policies, procedures, charts, and other related documentation.
- Collaborates with other community agencies to promote the health and wellbeing of Jefferson County families and their children; services on boards and committees; attends community meeting and other events; communicates the protocol and procedures of other agencies to the Nursing Division Panel.
- Provides health education to children and families.
- Investigates and provides education to children and families with elevated blood levels; works at clinics to provide public health nursing services.
- Maintains required licensure and certification.
- Demonstrates regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
Please submit all letters of interest in this position to Annette Stewart no later than Friday, February 1, 2019 by 12:00 PM