WIC (Women-Infant-Children) is a nutrition education
WIC provides highly nutritious supplemental foods
that promote good health for pregnant women and
postpartum women, and breastfeeding mothers, infants
and children up to age five.
Who is eligible?
- Pregnant Women
- Breastfeeding mothers
- Women who have had a baby less than six months
- Infants and children up to five years old
And who qualify as: residing in Jefferson County
meeting a nutritional or medical risk and meeting
WIC income guidelines:
OHIO WIC INCOME GUIDELINE
How do you get WIC?
- Make an appointment at the local WIC clinic
- Talk with a WIC Health Professional at your
- If determined eligible, you will receive coupons
to buy nutritious foods at the store designated
by the WIC Program
Benefits of being enrolled in the WIC program
- You receive nutrition education for yourself
and your children
- You get nutritious foods at no cost.
- WIC helps save money. You can use the saved
money to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables,
meats, baby foods and other foods that WIC does
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding encouragement & support
- Referral for Health Care
- Immunization screening and referral
- Supplemental foods like:
Peanut butter or beans
Tuna fish (if you are breastfeeding
Where can you get WIC in Jefferson county?
There are two WIC clinics located in the following
- Steubenville - 500 Market Street, 7th Floor
Please call (740) 283-8530 to schedule and
The mission of the WIC program is to improve
the health status and prevent health problems
among Ohio’s at-risk women, infants, and children.
Currently the WIC program of the Jefferson
County Health Department serves approximately
WIC is an equal opportunity program. Persons
who believe that they have been discriminated
against because of race, color, national origin,
sex, age, or disability should write to the
Secretary of Agriculture USDA, Washington, D.C.
For Monthly Updates on WIC click on Monthly
WIC PROGRAM DOWNLOADS
Click the links below to open the documents as PDF files. You can then print out these files.